Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Introduction

I am Christopher Hutchinson. I am an amateur filmmaker with high aspirations. I want to make films with all of the star power and respectability of such great filmmakers as John Waters and Troma Entertainment.

Yeah, now that you know I'm a silly fuck, you have an idea of the tone of this blog.

Mostly, this blog will consist of stories from on the set of films I've worked on, the trials and tribulations of trying to turn an absolute piece of shit into a polished turd, and the general hilarity of the shit job of making a movie.

I can laugh at myself, and that's the only thing that makes being an amateur film writer/director/producer worth it.

Once was said, "The worst part of making a movie is making the movie." I can follow that up with "The best part of making a movie is the friends made on set, and the stories born from the horrible experience of actually making a movie."

I write mostly horror/comedies, much in the vein of Troma Entertainment (the same folks who brought you The Toxic Avenger, Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD, Terror Firmer, and most recently, Poultrygeist. I also incorporate a lot of the localized bad-taste humor of Baltimore in with a healthy dose of John Waters influence (if you don't know who John Waters is, please stop reading this blog right fucking now).

Much of what I write is written while drunk. Much of what I direct is directed while buzzed. Much of what I create overall is created with liberal applications of alcohol. I find that it enhances my creativity, much the same way that a steaming load of un-flushed post-whiskey diarrhea enhances the fragrance of a public toilet.

Don't eat before reading, sit back, relax, and enjoy.

No comments: